ACT No. 5 OF 1986 - AN ACT TO INCORPORATE PAN TRINBAGO.
Pan Trinbago was formally incorporated by an act of parliament in 1986 (Act No. 5 of 1986). The act inferred Corporate status on PanTrinbago, set forth its aims and objectives and conferred extensive powers on the organization to act locally and internationally in all manners to further the development of the steelpan and protect the interest and welfare of the members of steelbands.
Aims and Objects noted in the Act include:
1. To promote the development of the steelband movement.
2. To purchase, lease, or acquire lands, buildings, and real property
3. To present, manage, organise concerts, competitions, music festivals and grant or contribute towards prizes and awards.
4. To affiliate with organizations having similar objectives.
5. To advance and protect the welfare of steelband members.
6. To encourage and conduct steelpan research.
Powers given in the act include:
1. Acquire land or any estate or interest in land.
2. Accept subventions and donations and manage and invest all moneys belonging to Pan Trinbago.
3. Construct or acquire national headquarters and invest in the production of steelpan instruments.
4. Acquire any patents, copyrights, trademarks, licenses and the Explore which may directly or indirectly benefit Pan Trinbago.
5. To do anything deemed by its Convention that can be carried out in connection with or ancillary to any other power or objectives.